Through our business, ABB contributes to a more sustainable society - “a better world” – one in which a growing population has fair access to resources, health and well-being now and into the future.
We do this by engaging customers, employees, suppliers, business partners and communities to create innovative solutions to some of the world’s challenges. These include the need to strengthen resource efficiency - how to do more with less for a more sustainable world.
Embedding processes within ABB’s daily business practice which support these goals is key to success, both for the company and our stakeholders.
By 2015 and beyond, ABB will be a leading contributor to a more sustainable world and will be recognized as a top-performing company in terms of sustainable business practice.
We work to ensure that sustainability considerations and values are understood, implemented, measured and communicated across ABB's value chain, so they become a seamless part of business practice and help our customers to be more effective and successful. In short, to work in the knowledge that sustainability is good for our business, for our customers and for society.
Sustainability focus areas
ABB's customers and stakeholders expect us to consider long-term sustainability aspects over the entire value chain. Our key focus areas – those that are material to ABB - are:
- Developing world-class products, systems and services to lower our customers’ energy use, reduce their emissions and improve resource efficiency on a long-term basis.
- Ensuring our own operations are energy and resource efficient.
- Proactively ensuring our suppliers, employees and business partners work in a safe, healthy and secure environment, and to the highest standards of integrity.
- Creating value and promoting social development in communities where we operate.
- Strengthening employees’ involvement and commitment to improve the company’s sustainability performance.